Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Past tense - Wakati uliopita


Past tense – Wakati uliopita
I/We/You/He/She/It/They + 2nd form of verb
Ni/Tu/U/ A/ Wa+li + kitenzi

I ate food
Nilikula chakula

I played football
Nilicheza mpira

I went to school
Nilienda shule

Note ‘ni’ is used to show the first person singular,
li’ is used to show past tense.
u’ second person singular, ‘m’ second person plural
a’ third person singular, ‘wa’ third person plural
‘Li’ is used to show the act was done in the past, you look at the last lesson I theme about the present you will see ‘na’ used to show the act is done now, mfano ni+na+cheza (I am playing)

We played football
Tulicheza mpira

We ate food
Tulikula chakula

We went to school
Tulienda shule

You went to school (second person singular)
Ulienda shule

You went to school (second person plural)
Mlienda shule

He/she/it ate food
Alikula chakula

He/she/it palyed football
Alicheza mpira

He/she/it went to school
Alienda shule

They ate food
Walikula chakula

They went to school
Walienda shule

They played football
Walicheza mpira

1 comment:

  1. They played football.Walicheza kandanda au Walicheza Kabumbu.

    ReplyDelete