Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pronouns and Tenses - Viwakilishi na nyakati




Personal pronouns -  Viwakilishi vya nafsi
Singular (umoja)        Plural (wingi)
I – mimi                        we – sisi
You – wewe                 you – nyinyi
He/she/it – yeye         they – wao

Remember when using I, you, we, she, he, it and they on the sentence there is no need to start with ‘mimi’ if sentence start with ‘I’ or ‘sisi’ if sentence start with ‘we’ for example

I am playing, there is no necessity of saying mimi ninacheza mpira, you simply say ninacheza mpira.

We use these
I-ni , you (singular)-u, you(plural)-m,he/she/it-a,they-wa
Example
I am eating-ninakula instead of mimi ninakula
We are eating-tunakula instead of sisi tunakula
They are cooking-wanapika instead of wao wanapika


Possesive pronouns – Viwakilishi vimilikishi
My – yangu
My brother  kaka yangu
My sister – dada yangu
My car  gari yangu

Your - wako
Your – wako/yako
Your house-nyumba yako
Your wife- mke wako
Your car-gari yako


His/her – ake
His/her car-gari yake
His/her shoes-viatu vyake
His/her watch-saa yake


Tenses – Nyakati
Present continous tense – Wakati uliopo
I am + verb + ing
Nina + kitenzi
Mfano

I am playing
 Ninacheza

I am singing
Ninaimba

I am cooking
 Ninapika

We are + verb + ing
Tuna + kitenzi

We are playing
Tunacheza

We are singing
Tunaimba

We are cooking
Tunapika

You are + verb +ing
Mna + kitenzi

You are playing
 Mnacheza

You are singing
 Mnaimba

You are cooking
Mnapika

He/she/it is verb + ing
Ana + kitenzi

He/she/it is playing
Anacheza

He/she/it is singing
Anaimba

He/she/it is cooking
Anapika

 They are verb + ing
 Wana + kitenzi

They are playing
 Wanacheza

They are singing
 Wanaimba

They are cooking
 Wanapika





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this learning Kiswahili blog page. It is very helpful. I am learning easily here. I always look forward to your next entry. I am most grateful and do thank you immensely. Best wishes for continued success here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback, sought as much as I can to make sure I give lessons helps to learn Swahili, I'm also preparing video tutorial that I will post soon to bring efficiency to learn this language.

      Delete